Things I’ve Discovered I Love in the Last 24 Hours
1. The Jersey Shore, Season 2 (I mean, come on. OBVIOUSLY)
2. Two of my favorite actor/writer ladies (Lizzy Caplan + Julie Klausner) are getting together to make an HBO Original series of a baby. Holy Awesome.
3. Florence + The Machine. Thanks for not telling me about them, world.
I do believe this sums up the town quite nicely.
I love Summer and Summer loves me.
Somewhere, the gods of this lovely season put their heads together and decided to rain down gloriousness on one L.Sav. Shall we look at the facts?
- I’m going to Turkey. TURKEY, people. It will be me and Beth in Istanbul with the palaces and the rugs and the kebabs and the hamams and adventure and an overnight trip and fairy chimneys. My god, do you KNOW about the fairy chimneys? CRAZY.
- Summer TV. I don’t know how or why but Mad Men and The Jersey Shore are premiering in the same week. Within days of each other. And I honestly don’t know which one I’m more excited for, which is kind of pathetic but I’m a little bit over it because Joan. Snooki. Don Draper. Pauly D. ALL IN THE SAME WEEK.
- The Sox are like a game out of first. Maybe a game and a half. And the entire team has broken feet. And yet…I have a good feeling.
- Istanbul. Ok, this is a really good one and merits a repeat on the list.
- The food. Despite the fact I’m halfway done with my Meatless Monday Experiment, all I want to do is eat grilled meat. And seafood. Summer is the best time ever to be a raging carnivore. Which is exactly what I am.
- And finally, the booze. Because the only thing better than drinking is drinking outside. Preferably on a roof.
Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go learn Turkish, set up my DVR, buy steak and a bottle of wine, and sit back let this delightful season wash over me in all of its glory.
“ Let me tell you something about Tom Riddle. We were teacher and student in middle school. I know, right? It’s so embarrassing. I don’t even… whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first enemy Grindelwald, who was totally gorgeous. But then I had to defeat him, and Tom was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow him off to duel with Grindelwald, he’d be like “Why didn’t you fight me back?”. And I’d be like “Why are you so obsessed with me?”. So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-Muggle sympathisers pool party, I was like “Tom, I can’t invite you because I think you’re Lord Voldemort “. I mean, I couldn’t have a Dark Lord at my party. There were gonna be people there in their muggle clothes. I mean, right? He was the Dark Lord. So then his mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then he dropped out of society because no one would talk to his disembodied soul, and he came back in the fall for the second Wizarding War, all of his hair was cut off and he was totally weird, and now I guess he’s got Horcruxes.
I know, I know. It’s a gorgeous day out and I shouldn’t be inside blogging (well, technically reblogging but whatever) but this is positively delightful. But I promise to spend the rest of the weekend outdoors. Well, after I watch soccer for 2+ hours this afternoon. And THEN I’ll go outside. I swear. (via warmgun)
“ I have read several fragments of ‘Ulysses’ in its serial form. It is a revolting record of a disgusting phase of civilisation; but it is a truthful one; and I should like to put a cordon around Dublin; round up every male person in it between the ages of 15 and 30; force them to read it; and ask them whether on reflection they could see anything amusing in all that foul mouthed, foul minded derision and obscenity.
- George Bernard Shaw on Ulysses (via)
Happy Bloomsday, everyone! I will probably be geeking out to Radio Bloomsday later this evening in celebration. And drinking Jameson.
As a former New Yorker to a future New Yorker, let me give you some tips. I know you just lost like an hour ago (haha SUCK IT) and nothing has officially been announced but…come on. I was THERE, dude. You’re over Cleveland. I get it. But once all this Knicks business is official, everybody is going to be talking salary and endorsements and penthouses and BLAH when what you really need is practical advice.
First and foremost, Florencia 13. Really delicious food, really delicious margaritas, and—not that you’re on a budget or anything—really excellent prices. In a similar vein, I have a couple of leftover metro cards with money on them. I can totes send them to you if you want.
You should also probably learn to walk really fast with your head down. I understand that you are like a billion feet tall but I’m TELLING YOU - Conan walked around that city for years with very little trouble. Simply walk with a purpose and avoid eye contact and you’ll be left alone. Honestly.
I could keep going here with bars and bookstores and coffee recommendations but a) this is a tad premature 2) I’m a wee bit tired and 3) I really just wanted to elaborately point out that the Celtics beat you and I witnessed the whole glorious thing.
Happy 21st Birthday, Baby Bro. I’m probs still just gonna buy you Patron for every holiday and birthday, though.